Guggul Health Benefits- Cholesterol Lowering Herb

Guggulu, commonly known as guggul in Hindi language, is very important and trustworthy herb in ayurvedic system of medicine. It is an important content of very famous ayurvedic classical medicines like yograj guggulu, kaishore guggul, triphala guggul, chandraprabha vati, arogyavardhani vati etc. It finds its use in almost every kind of illness due to its miraculous treating power.

Commiphora mukul, biological name of guggulu or Indian bedellium as in English language, is a small shrub or a tree, which reaches a maximum of 4 - 6 ft in height. It bears thorns on its branches. It possess small leaves those very similar to that of a neem tree. Its flowers are of red in colour and bears fruit that are oval in shape and pulpy in nature. Guggulu is the gum resin that is being excreted by bark of the plant. It is generally found everywhere in India.

Herb

Guggulu is an ushan virya herb i.e. it has hot potency, therefore has a killer instinct of the diseases cause by vata dosha prominence. But its effects are also seen in suppressing all the three aggravated dosha hence it works as tridosha suppressant. Guggulu gets these properties as it contains tickt and katu rasa. In chemical composition guggulu (extracted resin) consist of octanordammarana terpenes manusumbionic acid and manusumbinone as obtained from chemical analysis.

Guggulu is only used after purification (shudhikar) in milk; it should never be used in raw form.

As mentioned earlier guggulu is indicated in many ailments. Following are its few of the indications:

· Guggulu is very often used as an anti inflammatory and pain relieving herb by Indian herbal doctors, as it has ushan virya in potency thereby possess the power of suppressing vata which is pain causing factor.

· It has been very dominantly used in arthritic pains. It also possesses the property that helps in reversing the degenerative changes that has occurred in joint and bones. It helps in relieving pain and swelling. Due this property is also believed in strengthening nervous system of the body. Hence widely used in diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, Osteoarthritis, sciatica, paralysis, hemiplegia, lymphadenopathy etc.

· Guggulu is widely used in skin diseases as it acts as blood purifier. It promotes the production of red blood corpuscles (RBC) and improves the action of white blood corpuscles (WBC), which are helpful in fighting against any kind of infections. Guggulu is also known for improving our immune system. Good results are seen in leprosy and eczema.

· Guggulu is regarded as ayurvedic antibiotic and is blindly used in infectious diseases with great results.

· Guggulu finds its application in problems related to heart. Great results have been seen in people who suffer from high cholesterol levels. Significant lowering in blood cholesterol levels has been reported by regular use of guggulu. It helps in maintaining LDL and HDL levels in blood in normal limits.

· Guggulu has properties, which is indicated in hypertension. It helps in lowering in blood pressure levels and helps in maintaining it to normal levels.

· A good result has also been seen in reducing fat levels from body. As guggulu is ushan virya in property and has well penetrating power because of tickt and katu rasa, gives it the property that can be very helpful in obesity-realated problems. Ayurvedic physicians have used it as anti obesity agent since centuries.

· It also works in strengthening our digestive system, helps in easy secretions of digestive juices, works as appetizer, avoids indigestion and constipation, also beneficial in hemorrhoids and colitis. It is helpful in relieving from hyperacidity and belching. Good results have also been seen in liver related problems.

· Guggulu is also seen helpful in upper respiratory tract infection. It works as expectorant by helping in suppressing kapha dosha, which is the main culprit in causing wet cough. Benefits are also seen in asthmatic conditions.

· A great benefit has been seen in patients suffering from renal calculi. It works as diuretic and also helps in crushing the calculus thereby relieving and treating a person from renal stones.

· Gargles done by guggulu water (guggulu dissolved in water) have been widely used in tonsillitis, mouth ulcers, upper respiratory tract infection, throat irritation, pharyngitis and stomatitis.

· It has been seen that by regular usage of guggulu helps in improving sexual ability and sperm count. It also helps in improving sperm quality. Therefore also works as aphrodisiac.

· Menstrual disturbances and painful menses are another disease where guggulu gives wonderful results and has been a part of many classical ayurvedic medicines.

· Guggulu also works as rasayan i.e. used in promoting youthnesss with longitivity. This is the reason it is the part of well-known rasayan known as Chawanprash.

Know more about Guggul, Guggul Health Benefits, Cholesterol Lowering Herb, Guggul Extract, Supplements and Tulsi- Basil, Holy Basil (Tulsi) Benefits, Research, Uses, Supplements by visiting http://www.morphemeremedies.com

Guggul Health Benefits- Cholesterol Lowering Herb

Dr John Anne

See Also : Guide To Herb

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is good i Thank kaishore guggul is one of the best supplement. Thank you for this information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him drosemuhau@gmail.com {) or call or what-apps him through +2348168714427  

    ReplyDelete